Pendleton Together has been honoured at one of the housing sector’s biggest awards ceremonies.
Our apprenticeship programme won a highly commended at the 24 Housing Awards at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry.
The judges were impressed with how we’ve been able to create new jobs and new opportunities.
We’ve developed a bespoke pre-employment framework to provide routes into employment, including; job clubs; digital skills; interview preparation; mentoring; traineeships and work placements.
- 323 new jobs have been created;
- 40% of the local workforce is a Salford resident;
- 80 new apprentices have been taken on and more are in the pipeline;
- 10 apprentices have completed their training. Five remain employed by their employer and five secured a job elsewhere;
- 144 work placements completed to date, 40 of these have gained employment on the project
- £492,028 Social Value has been generated from the work placement programme.
We are continuing to invest in our communities to ensure people have the best opportunities possible.