If your application is sucessful, you will be invited for interview.
These interviews are usually held one of our internal recruiters or the hiring manager before face to face interviews.
We will have seen your CV and want to explore certain skills or experience required for the role.
Have a copy of your CV to hand whilst you’re on the phone and remember to highlight your skills. Although more informal than face to face interview, it is worth doing your research on us. Have a look at our website and make sure you have read through the job profile.
Our telephone interview tips:
- make sure you are available 15 minutes before call is due
- try to be in a place with good reception
- have a drink to hand
- remember to breathe!
Face to face
These will usually last around an hour and centre on competency based questions. These interviews test your skill set, with past behaviours and actions used as an indicator of future performance.
Candidates who do well in competency interviews often use the STAR method to answer. STAR stands for situation, task, action and result.
- Situation: Set the scheme and provide context that links back the original question.
- Task: Explain to the interviewer what you did as an individual. Explain your exact role.
- Action: Highlight how you responded to the situation. You need to focus on your own specific actions instead of attributing them to the team. You are highlighting how your skills match what they are looking for.
- Result: This should ideally be a positive resolution to a situation. For example: your action led to an increase in productivity, a more streamlined process or higher customer satisfaction.
Our face to face interviews use a combination of technical and behavioural questions.
You will need to provide certain documents. We will always ask for proof of your right to work in the UK. This could be an EU resident passport, long birth certificate and proof of national insurance. A full list is available on the GOV.uk website.
Got a question?
Our friendly recruitment team are more than happy to answer any questions you may have throughout the recruitment process.
Call us on 0300 555 5560 and ask to speak to our recruitment team, we are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.